Pages

Sunday 31 August 2014

Shower Gel... The luxury version

I have a confession to make (well, actually I have a truckload of them but this one will be the first): when travelling, I always make sure to arrive to the airport early. Not out of a fear of missing my plane or something adult like that... but just so I have the time to peruse the shops and spend the equivalent of the GDP of a small country.
My last time in Paris was no different: I was exhausted after a weekend of partying and sleeping too little (I'm getting way too old for that), but still I got to the airport at 9:30am for a 12 noon flight. That's how dedicated I am.
I was specifically looking for the Nuxe Reve De Miel shower gel (they did not have it when I went there the time before), and thankfully they had the big pump bottle. Took it with several other little things, and went my merry way. 
The lady at the parapharmacy till stroke a discussion with me (I have dental braces, so did she.. we became friends forever with shared stories of shredded cheeks, painful teeth and awkward eating), and was nice enough to put everything in the sealed bag you need to go through security because of those pesky liquids restrictions.


After a non eventful flight and a drive home that took twice as long as the actual flight itself, I finally got home and went for a shower.
Now, that's a shower gel. In itself, there is nothing to be that excited about: pump it in the palm of your hand or on the yoke you use to clean yourself if you do, lather on damp skin and rinse.
But what is actually amazing is the smell. Oh the fantastic wonderful smell of this shower gel.

It is called Reve De Miel, and that my friends is something Nuxe did definitely not lie about. It dreamy and honey-y (if you have a better word than honey-y to suggest, do tell me!) and just wonderful.
It contains Honey (surprise surprise), Sunflower and a cleansing base of vegetal origin.
It leaves my skin soft, supple, and smelling absolutely amazing. I have caught myself putting my arm to my nose just to catch a whiff of it sometimes. That's how lovely this is.

Now it does say on the bottle that it can be used for your face as well as your body, but since it took me ages to find a face skincare routine that was working for me I would not do it. Now if you are one of the lucky few who can use anything on their face without any consequences, then by all means go ahead!

If I remember well, it cost me around 20 euros for 400ml. It is quite expensive. Crazy expensive, even, considering it is literally going down the drain. But it's one of my guilty pleasures, and if I have not finished it by then I am looking forward to using it in winter: when it's cold outside and you are in need of pampering, this is the very best (and it makes the bathroom smell lovely, as an added bonus).

No comments:

Post a Comment